25 Ways To Reuse Yoga Mats
Thanks to Jade Yoga Mats for the following list of "25 Ways to Reuse Your 'Old' Yoga Mat"
- Donate to homeless shelters as sleeping pads.
- Use as a seat liner for the back seat in the car while taking your dog to the vet or groomer.
- Place under an area rug for no-slip gripping.
- Drop off your old mat at an animal rescue group. Most of these places need soft, durable mats, rugs, towels, & blankets to line crates.
- Use an old mat in the garage or shop to keep from slipping on the workbench while using power tools on them.
- Line kitchen shelves to prevent glasses from slipping and scratching.
- Cut the mat into squares and use them as "bases" while playing baseball with the kids. Easy to carry and easy to clean!
- Use to kneel on in the garden to protect your knees!
- Use as kitchen drawer liners.
- Cut it up to make a mouse pad.
- Use it on the beach instead of a towel.
- Use as grip pads to open jars.
- Cut to size and use as foot pads for the bottom of furniture that is on a wood or ceramic floor. Glue on pieces with a non-toxic adhesive.
- Place it under your sleeping bag as a sleeping pad while camping.
- Make covers for sharp corners like in a parking garage or school.
- No more messy packing peanuts! Old yoga mats get a new life as a protector of valuables while moving or shipping.
- Make children's toys: cut holes and create masks, hats, costumes and props; cut into shapes and letters for tub and pool toys.
- Cut and put down in front of the kitty litter box to stop the litter.
- Plug up drafty places, windows, doors, & under window air conditioners, and save energy!
- Great for those hard bleachers when watching sporting events.
- Makes a great liner under house plants, you can even cut it to fit each plant!
- Donate to nursing homes so that residents do not slip while getting in and out of bed.
- Place between your surfboard & car to protect both from abrasion.
- Lay it over the dashboard and steering wheel to keep the sun out!
- Keep in the car for those spur of the moment picnics, keeping groceries from sliding around in the trunk, or for a myriad of other uses limited only to your imagination!
Additionally, you can even make flip flops from old yoga mats: